WATCH: Footage emerges of Billy Vunipola being tasered in Majorca nightclub

Adam Kyriacou
Billy Vunipola has now returned home to England.

Billy Vunipola was recently tasered and arrested by police in a Majorca nightclub.

Video footage has emerged of the moment a shirtless England and Saracens number eight Billy Vunipola was tasered by police in a Majorca nightclub over the weekend.

The 31-year-old star, who has now returned home to the UK and was reportedly met by Saracens colleagues at Stansted Airport, will be eager to put the episode behind him.

However, there could be a club disciplinary to answer as an internal investigation is ongoing while the Rugby Football Union might also hand out their own punishment.

Footage released

Vunipola was in Majorca on a short break and flew out to the Spanish island after featuring off the bench for Saracens in their Premiership win against Bath on Friday.

However, what was meant to be a positive break has turned into anything but, with the British & Irish Lions tourist tasered and charged by police before having an “express trial”. That resulted in the England international being fined 240 euros (£205), as he described the incident as an “unfortunate misunderstanding” which “got out of hand”.

Billy Vunipola denies ‘violence’ in statement ‘unreservedly’ apologising for Majorca arrest

The footage obtained by the Daily Mail appears to show Vunipola being tasered twice, with the second shot causing him to stumble and he was then restrained by the police.

The incident took place at 4:30 am on Sunday and the bar seems to be empty but for the Saracens number eight, two staff and several police who are blocking the exits.

At one point in the four minute-long video Vunipola is seen laughing at the local police before the second taser shot is fired and he is taken to ground before being arrested.

Vunipola said in a statement on Monday: “I can confirm I was involved in an unfortunate misunderstanding when I was leaving a club in Majorca on Sunday, which got out of hand.

“Contrary to media reports, there was no violence, no fight and I did not threaten anybody at any stage, with bottles or chairs or anything else.”

He added: “I was charged with resisting the law and, following an ‘express trial’, I have paid a fine of 240 euros. The Spanish police investigation is now closed, and I am flying back to the UK today.”

Premiership break

Saracens are not in action this weekend as the Premiership takes a break due to the Champions Cup semi-finals but they return to action on May 11 against Bristol Bears.

Mark McCall’s men sit in second place in the league standings, four points adrift of leaders Northampton Saints, with just two rounds of the regular season remaining.

READ MORE: Ranked: The highest-paid Premiership positions including shock lowest earners