Racing Metro president Jacky Lorenzetti has told Director of Rugby Pierre Berbizier that his contract will not be renewed at the end of the season.
On Friday, French newspapers Le Parisien and Midi Olympique confirmed rumours that had been growing over the past few weeks: Berbizier's six-year stay Stade Yves Du Manoir will come to an end in June.
The news comes as no surprise after several personnel close to the former France and Italy coach were told their days at the club were numbered.
After a fallout with a number of senior players last season, Berbizier was removed from his role as manager and given a post as 'director of sport' which had no real decision-making powers.
Now, with Gonzalo Quesada at the helm of the first team and the arrival of Castres coaches Laurent Labit and Laurent Travers expected to be announced in the near future, Berbizier's services are no longer needed.