Sorry, this story is unavailable
@BokAvenger, what i really like about you is that you pretty much unite the rugby world in a chorus of outrage at the drivel you post. Then we all gather around and poke sticks through the bars of your cage and provoke you into a further illogical, ignorant, uneducated diatribe ("schimprede")....and you respond on que just like the baboon in the zoo.
So here's my prod: you talk of a spear tackle by Thorn on the aged Jon Smit (talk about lack of respect for the aged and infirm!). Can a tackle of any sort take place when neither player is a ball carrier? Can a tackle take place not in general play?
Your answers on a card please.....and you do realize, don't you, that all of those "antipodians" you love to hate, as well as most Saffas are howling with laughter at you....you fulfill their every dream of a Plattaland Baffoon....one of Eugene Terreblanche's finest.
Posted 10:24 01st August 2012
@kitch. no worries. see you next time on the French pages!
Posted 10:22 01st August 2012
@ Chubbylugs - Hear! Hear! In fact, I said as much and suggested that this was probably the only interesting section of the book, leaked as a cynical PR exercise to sell more books.
I've read quite a few Rugby Autobiogs and think that Wilkinson's was quite revealing. What is his mind like..?! I also enjoyed Mike Catt's "Landing on my Feet" and Jason Leonard's (can't remember the title). Dallaglio's was ok. SCW's wasn't very good. I've read a few more too, but they're obviously not good enough to leave a mark in my adled brain.
@ BokAvenger - a genuine question for you. Why do you post in the manner you do? Are you trying to be funny? Are you trying to have a "bit of banter" and a laugh? Or do you genuinely believe what you post? I ask because your views are so far fetched and removed from reality, I can only hope that you do it on purpose and you're not that mentally unstable as to actually believe it. Please appease my worries and confirm that you're just a wind-up merchant.
Oh, and another thing. Technically "The Antipodes" "...of any place on Earth is the point on the Earth's surface which is diametrically opposite to it" (direct quotes from Wiki - the font of all truth and knowledge). "...The antipodes of South Africa and Zimbabwe are in the North Pacific Ocean..." Whilst I appreciate you mean Australia and NZ, I just wanted to get a bit technical and smug, because you're obviously a twerp.
Posted 10:21 01st August 2012
well said heathy, porridge, ruckingkiwi, kiwilad..
. bokavenger id shut up if i were you bc youre showing youre ignorance yet again!!...the mighty ABs werent penalised for hayden taking a dive, the ref penalised the welsh lock for jumping off frank olivers shoulder..
but keep it up bc as mentioned by another you are the entertainment..clown!!
Posted 10:12 01st August 2012
@safehands. still no reply to new_j4a, ColinR, Rosbif or powerplay? You are like a submarine mon ami. Come back to the surface. All is safe. No-one really hates the ABs you know. Certainly not we French. Half of your countrymen seem to be playing in our T14 you know :-)
Posted 10:11 01st August 2012
@kitch. dear, oh dear. seems rosbif has caught you out. (don't worry, you wouldn't be the first). better to hide like safehands than to dig yourself deeper....
the point is rosbif doesn't jump on threads relating to jamaica, serbia etc and troll or make silly remarks designed to provoke. (and if he does, I guess he at least does a little background research first.)
the media witch hunt, in case you truthfully didn't pick up his hint, is the one conducted by the nz press against the french team during most of the last two weeks of rwc2011. and then, of course, in the aftermath.
and (just in case you come back with the obvious reply) suggesting mccaw and GH have no influence over the press is a little naive (even if both have made fairly cack-handed references to gouging, cheating, match fixing etc in the last 6 months, which their PR people must have cringed at).
one only hopes that genuine, smart, rugby-loving people can rise above what they read in the press. seems you cant, or won't, or just like to poke fun. if the latter, maybe one could respectfully suggest you pick other topics at which to poke fun.
Posted 10:02 01st August 2012
@ruckingkiwi: You are pathalogically delusional if you believe that drivel you have typed. If Bryce Lawrence wasn't stood down for blatant bias then please tell me why he's been banned from international refereeing duty?
2. Like most antipodeans you suffer from an inability to acknowledge the indiscretions of your own. If you think what Brad Thorn did to Smit was not a spear tackle then you are a blatant liar - even if it is a case of you lying to yourself. Go compare Sam Warburton's send-off in the Rigged World Cup 2011 and compare it to what Thorn got away with.
3. You don't respect a Bok player for a blatant dive? HA, HA ha ha ha...I couldn't care less who you respect mate. Of course, not Kiwi has ever committed a fake dive? Tell me, who was the All Black again who admitted that he pulled a Hollywood dive during a lineout in the final minutes of a game against Wales that earned a penalty and hence won NZ the game? Go look at your own players and their cheating before you point fingers at ours. Sean Fitzpatrick was a serial jersey tugger and Richie McCaw is virtually an IRB sanctioned cheat.
Posted 08:49 01st August 2012
@kitch; thanks mate, you've just proven what I have been saying all along about you antipodeans. That you are quick to target the Saffa players but think your own are whiter than the driven snow. Cheap shot? NZ are the kings of the cheap shot - jersey tugging, sly punches and knees on the ground (McCaw, Mealamu etc). Amazing how you freely admit that Stu Dickinson made a biased decision "you deserved it". As far as I know, referees are there to apply the laws of the game, not decide when a player is allowed to mete out their own version of justice. You antipodeans and your blinkered hypocrisy make me sick.
Posted 08:41 01st August 2012
@ BokAvenger - oh dear, oh dear. You've lost it mate. Even your fellow countrymen have deserted you. You are now the entertainment. Go on, post another one as this is hilarious.
Posted 08:41 01st August 2012
You truly are one of the most pathetic posters on this forum!
Posted 08:37 01st August 2012
@Dingbat: Your name says it all. Stop trying to curry favour with the Antipodeans and their bumchums the poms. It is beyond me how you can justify those refereeing decisions mentioned. Just think back for a moment to what Brad Thorn did to John Smit. Now reverse the roles: Imagine Bakkies Botha had picked up Saint Richie McCaw and tent pegged him headfirst into the turf? What do you think would have happened? Old Stu Dickinson would have red carded him, the IRB would have issued a life ban before the game was over and the crowd would probably have lynched the entire Bok team on international television. Go get yourself some calcium pills boet, maybe you'll grow a spine and start standing up for your country.
Posted 06:35 01st August 2012
Bokavenger, You poor, self loathing bum creeper???
A bit abusive dont you think???
Just because someone disagrees with your one eyed, logicless, inbred drivel, does not mean he deserves that sort of abuse.
J4a has an understanding of the laws that few that post on this site could compete with.
He is generally articulate and polite, as opposed to yourself.
J4a, most people that ignorant in this country, can not type, let alone own a computer, I wonder who purchased it for him?
And in Aus, any one stupid enough to type that sort of rubbish has left a window open has had it stolen by, you guessed it, Quade.
Posted 05:07 01st August 2012
Well said on your response to BokAvenger, unfortunately it will be lost on someone like him.
One of the worlds most successful coaches retires and writes a book - which I'm looking forward to reading - expresses his personal feelings on a particular match. Whether you agree with his views or not, what has to be respected is the way he conducted himself after the match in question.
Posted 03:33 01st August 2012
dingbat... well said!
disagree on the so called "valid complaints about GH"..if its ok for SA to complain publically about bryce leading to him being stood down .. then surely GH should be allowed to do the same for what amounted to pretty much the same thing.. getting screwed by the ref!!.. the only difference, GH is not looking for an outcome..he just answered a question about his thoughts on what happened in 2007!
if you want a story of someones life ,do want the full and truthfull story or some watered down half truth?
@colinr..and yet.. here you are!!
Posted 03:27 01st August 2012
bokavenger.. tell the whole story rather than part of it to suit your own bias views.
in regard to the thorn/smit incident.. notice the dirty cheap shot came from smit FIRST.. (trying to push thorns head into the ground after the whistle) !!..and dickensen was telling him to stop ... thorn then reacted by doing what he did!..then baby smit complained and pushed for a yellow to which dickenson said he wasnt sure if it was a spear tackle..note he didnt say he didnt see it!!.. i think he really meant "you deserved it you little sniveller!!"
Posted 02:58 01st August 2012
1. Bryce Lawrence has not been stood down for "blatant bias".
2. Paul Honiss told Smit to talk to his players but had Ireland signalled a shot at goal? If not then play to the whistle, don't stop for a chat in the middle of the game.
3. Stu Dickinson, that wasn't a spear tackle, he landed on his back not his head.
4. Paddy O'Brien, your captains own words regarding that day.. http://www.news24.com/xArchive/Sport/Rugby/Five-minutes-of-madness-20051101
5. Remember the 2007... no not the comments you make.
6. Samoa are a tough team but I wil never respect your openside ever again for taking a dive and getting the player sent off. Disgraceful if the Boks are getting desperate like that, at least with Bakkies a cheap shot was expected... and he'd apologise afterwards. The dive is just a disgrace.
Again I ask and maybe Dingbat32 can answer, who did Graham Henry actually accuse of match fixing? They are not different to the comments made by PdV prior to matches in 2010 and 2011... not once but twice.. merely suspicions but never an accusation?
Posted 01:58 01st August 2012
rosbif..youre right i dont know much about french rugby.. he does however look alot like rougerie tho!!.. i also woulnt be able to name all players from argentina, scotland ,italy, vanuatu, jamaica, serbia, etc..etc..and you??.. catch my drift!
and no nothing seems familiar about witch hunts and media???
Posted 00:17 01st August 2012
Wow, quite a heated thread. What hasn't been mentioned yet is the fact that there hasn't been a single interesting biography / autobiography written by a rugby player or coach. I've read a lot of them including Henry's prior attempt whilst welsh coach. I'm sure this is one page in an otherwise dull waste of paper
Posted 21:34 31st July 2012
1. Bryce Lawrence had an awful game, has acknowledged as such, and has been sanctioned. There is nothing more to it
2. Paul Honis - This was bad refereeing, made worse by his reluctance to admit mistake on the spot. That said, SA could and should have won that game regardless of the mistake.
3. Stu Dickinson - come on! We love it when Kobus Wiese, Bakkies Botha etc get up to a bit of this. They often get away with it too!
3. Paddy O'Brien - Jannes Labuschagne left PO'B little choice. There was no subtlety to what he did.
4. Remember the 2007 world cup - Yes, we won it! Similar rubbish happened in 1995 from Samoa with cheap shots then accusations of racism. But we won!
5. Then look at the 2011 world cup game against Samoa. - Again, the Boks are quite capable of giving it out too. I thought the Boks kept their discipline well in the circumstances
I could write a similar top 5 of 'injustices' for all the top sides, but it wouldnt prove a conspiracy.
I respond to this as a Bok fan, because you are embarassing and weakening a valid set of complaints against Graham Henry.
Posted 18:31 31st July 2012
@BokAvenger, and with both eyes open and half a brain you could draw up a complete list of all nations' complaints about all refs....there are mistakes made...everybody agrees on that point.....it's just that on this side of the asylum wall there are a lot of people living happily with the knowledge that it's not some big conspiracy to get them and their particular team.
Posted 18:23 31st July 2012