Stray firework injures Bledisloe fans

23rd Aug 2014, 12:05

Share:

Fireworks failure: Eden Park

Fireworks failure: Eden Park

Three fans were reportedly injured by a stray firework following the New Zealand haka at Eden Park in Auckland on Saturday.

Three fans were reportedly injured by a stray firework following the New Zealand haka at Eden Park in Auckland.

"It was after the haka, before the first whistle," photographer Ross Setford told Stuff.

"All of a sudden three people came out of the crowd bleeding. A woman was bleeding from the right side of her face, another man was holding up his jacket.

"There was another man but he was blocked by the crowd."

St John ambulance informed Stuff that one patient had gone to Auckland hospital "in a serious condition."

"However, we have not received confirmation of whether that was the result of a firework."