Wales wing Alex Cuthbert expects a difficult task when his side host Ireland in their Six Nations opener in Cardiff on Saturday.
The Cardiff Blues flyer is particularly wary of Ireland's young wings Simon Zebo and Craig Gilroy who will both be making their Six Nations debuts this weekend.
"They are two class wingers," said Cuthbert.
"They are playing really well for their clubs. They are young as well, so they've got a lot of enthusiasm and they are going to want to put a statement down in their first Six Nations.
"They are going to be a stern test and it's going to be hard work against them.
"They are going to be the danger men for Ireland, so we are doing our homework on them.
"They are obviously a bit smaller, but they are good tacklers and they have got good footwork."
Despite being the tournament's defending champions, Wales have lost their last seven internationals and Cuthbert - who played in his first Six Nations last year - admits that they are in a different place than they were a year ago.
"Obviously this time last year the boys had come back from a really good World Cup," he said.
"I joined the squad on a serious high and winning that Grand Slam was a great feeling.
"Obviously the autumn didn't go as well as we would have wanted, but we have a bit of confidence from those last two games against New Zealand and Australia and things have been going well in training.
"We've still got the same motivation and excitement in the camp."
Cuthbert has scored five tries in thirteen internationals and admits that he is still coming to terms with his rapid rise in the Test arena.
"It's gone pretty quick," he said.
"It's been a bit of a whirlwind year and it's come round so quickly now.
"I just want to keep carrying my form on with Wales now."