Auckland coach Wayne Pivac remained quiet on speculation that fly-half Gareth Anscombe has been dumped by the Blues for the 2013 season.
According to New Zealand's One News, Anscombe was not offered a Blues contract by the franchise's new coach Sir John Kirwan.
Kirwan was in attendance at Eden Park on Wednesday when Auckland beat Taranaki 43-32. Anscombe was in fine form, contributing 20 points via four penalties and four conversions in the home side's win.
The 21-year-old was off limits to the media after that match while Pivac said he couldn't talk about the situation regarding the player's Super Rugby future.
"I can't comment on any contractual issues surrounding the player," Pivac told Fairfax Media.
"But I can talk to you about his form and I thought he had a superb game."
Anscombe gave a flawless goal-kicking display against Taranaki, slotting all eight attempts at goal, and was assertive on attack.
The Blues have already acquired the services of former Highlanders pivot Chris Noakes and Michael Hobbs for next season.
Anscombe was a key player under former Blues coach Pat Lam and although he struggled in a poor Blues team earlier this year Pivac said his form has improved in the ITM Cup.
"Gareth is getting better each week," he explained.
"He is a player that's had a few injuries, he started the season with us late and he's taken a bit of time to warm into his game, but certainly the goal kicking had been outstanding.
"His general play (against Taranaki) was pretty and he had one of his best games."