Te’o happy to stay at Worcester

Date published: April 6 2017

England centre Ben Te'o has signalled his intention to remain at Worcester next season, ending speculation about his future.

The powerful 30-year-old, who played a part in his adopted nation's Six Nations title defence, arrived at Worcester from Leinster last year.

And Te'o has told BBC Hereford and Worcester that he is likely to remain at the Sixways outfit for at least another campaign in 2017/18.

"It has been a little bit disjointed but I want to finish the season strongly," he said ahead of their Premiership game against Sale on Friday.

"I am definitely here for next season. I am flying the Worcester flag.

"I know guys like Tom Wood, Dylan Hartley and Matt Mullan were at Worcester previously. Unfortunately, they felt the need to leave. But, fingers crossed, it's not going to be the case in the future.

"I haven't even thought about it. If there are people out there thinking that (he is leaving), that's not the case."

COMMENTS