SARU to announce Coetzee decision next week

Date published: January 26 2017

SARU expects to announce the outcome of its coaching review process towards the end of next week.

South African rugby has been reviewing their management team after the Springboks finished the year with a 33 percent win rate, one of the worst ever for the side.

Union president, Mark Alexander, said that the report-back had been received by the Executive Council and a number of decisions had been taken.

"We have reviewed all aspects of 2016’s performance," said Alexander.

"We have spoken to the players as well as the coach and critically reviewed the season.

"We have decided on a number of actions to make what we believe will be significant changes and will announce those as soon as possible.

"However, I would ask our supporters to have a little more patience and understand that certain conversations need to take place before formal announcements can be made."

Despite many South African supporters calling for Springbok coach Allister Coetzee's head to be axed it would seem he might keep his job after the South African Ministry of Sport have backed the coach.

According to Times Media, Coetzee's job will hinge on how well the Springboks do in their three-Test series against France in June.

COMMENTS