Rhodes re-signs with Saracens

Date published: August 2 2016

1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Saracens_flanker_Michael_Rhodes

Saracens flanker Michael Rhodes has signed a new contract to remain with the club until 2019, the Premiership and European champions have confirmed.

The South African loose forward impressed in his first season with the Men in Black after joining the north Londoners in the summer of 2015 from Super Rugby franchise, the Stormers.

28-year-old Rhodes, who has made 27 appearances for Saracens, played a key role in the club’s double winning campaign and was a starter in the Premiership and Champions Cup finals.

On Rhodes’ contract extension, director of rugby Mark McCall said: “Michael has quickly become a key member of the team since he arrived last summer, and has fitted in to our environment with no trouble at all. He is entering his prime as a player, and we are delighted that he has put pen to paper to extend his stay at Allianz Park.

“Alongside a youthful, home-grown core of players, it’s great to have the likes of Michael to add to the blend of the group. We’re very happy that he is another player who has committed their future to the club.”

Speaking about extending his stay at Saracens, Rhodes said: “I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year at Sarries, and the decision to extend my stay here really was a no-brainer. Last year was incredible, both on and off the field, as we achieved so much in such a short space of time.

“I have really enjoyed playing in England and in Europe so far, and I’m looking forward to making some more memories alongside some great people.”

COMMENTS