Reds v Force game in doubt

Date published: February 20 2015

The Reds versus Western Force match is currently in doubt due to severe weather, with an update expected to be given by SANZAR in due course.

Following consultation with its stakeholders, SANZAR said a call on whether the game will go ahead will be made at 9am AEDT (8am QLD) on Saturday.

The match is scheduled to kick-off at 6:40pm local time (7:40pm AEDT, 9:40pm NZDT, 8:40am SAST) on Saturday 21 February, however is currently in doubt due to the severe weather as a result of Tropical Cyclone Marcia.

SANZAR will reserve its decision until Saturday morning to give the match every opportunity of going ahead and a media advisory will be issued as soon as a course of action has been determined.

The thoughts of SANZAR, the Australian Rugby Union and Queensland Rugby Union are with those currently affected by this natural disaster.