Reds deny Cooper has joined Toulon

Date published: April 24 2015

1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_10365894_1036774636350461_9043889471173183210_n

Quade Cooper's future looked certain but has suddenly become unclear following conflicting claims by Toulon and the Reds on Friday.

The Australia fly-half was pictured in a post on Toulon's Facebook page with the club confirming his signature on a two-year deal from next season.

Cooper had been in Toulon recently and watched the club's semi-final win over Leinster in Marseille last weekend.

Reds chief executive Jim Carmichael however met with Cooper on Friday and afterwards denied that the fly-half's future was finalised.

"[We had] a great lunch – very happy that the time has allowed Quade and I to get close to a position that satisfies us both," Carmichael told AAP.

"There is more conversation to be had and this is the last time I'm commenting on this until our discussions are concluded."

Furthermore, Cooper's manager Khoder Nasser said on Thursday to AAP that the Wallaby would be deciding his future over the next one to two weeks, after the ARU's changes to their policy on selecting overseas players.

"Quade's deciphering everything," said Nasser.

"To be honest, he was deciphering everything before the ARU's rules came out, regardless. He'll make his call over the next week or two weeks."

COMMENTS