Mermoz rejects Bordeaux-Bègles offer

Date published: June 8 2016

1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Maxime_Mermoz_Toulon_2016

Toulon and France centre Maxime Mermoz has turned down the opportunity to move to Bordeaux-Bègles.

That was the word from Bordeaux president Laurent Marti, who told Rugbyrama: "Mermoz rejected a three-year contract proposal."

The 29-year-old, who previously turned out for Toulouse and Perpignan, has been forced to battle for a starting spot in the side with fellow international midfielders Ma'a Nonu and Mathieu Bastareaud.

Mermoz has said in the past that he is happy to stay at Toulon where he has another year left on his current contract.

COMMENTS