Kings lose trio to injury

Date published: May 23 2016

1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Kings_fly_half_Elgar_Watts_v_Blues_in_SR_2016

Kings head coach Deon Davids has confirmed that three players will not be available for selection against the Jaguares on Friday.

Front-rower Martin Ferreira, wing Luzuko Vulindlu and fly-half Elgar Watts all sustained injuries during the loss against the Sharks in Durban on Saturday.

Davids confirmed that the trio would not be available for selection for the upcoming match with the hooker set to be sidelined for the rest of the Super Rugby season.

"Martin has a dislocated rib and we don’t see him coming back for the rest of the season," Davids told the Kings official website.

"Luzuko has a hamstring tear that will require further scans to determine the extent of his injury, while Elgar has a foot tendon injury similar to Stefan Watermeyer that will see him out for at least two weeks," said Davids.

Davids said Thembelani Bholi, who was stretchered off during the match on Saturday, had been cleared by the medical team and had not sustained a concussion. 

The 48-year-old Davids has confirmed that Boli only has a stiff neck but it has been treated and that he will  be available for selection.

He also confirmed that Sti Sithole, who had undergone a recent appendectomy, had been sent home to recover.

COMMENTS