World Rugby have confirmed that the Joe Marler misconduct hearing is scheduled to take place on April 5 in London.
The case will be heard by an independent judicial committee, assembled by the independent judicial chairman in accordance with World Rugby Regulation 18.
The committee will comprise Terry Willis (chair, Australia), Jean-Noël Couraud (France) and Alan Hudson (Canada).
Marler was not suspended by a Six Nations disciplinary committee following his "gypsy boy" comments towards Wales prop Samson Lee during their Six Nations match earlier this month.
Harlequins boss Conor O'Shea revealed on Sunday that Marler had also been subject to verbal abuse during the same match, after further video evidence emerged over the weekend with Marler telling Lee to “get back to your caravan”.
“I know Joe and whatever has gone on, Joe is not in any way, shape or form racist. Things are said in the heat of the moment that shouldn’t be,” O'Shea told the Telegraph.
“He owned up and apologised at the time, both accepted it. It would be fair to say that there were a couple of things said to him with words that you can’t use but such is life.
“Posh, English and a four-letter word seems to be fine one way but not the other. I just think both wanted to draw a line under it. The process has just dragged. It’s unfair on him. Do we condone it? No, nobody does, he knew he had done wrong, he apologised but to let it drag the way it has for him is not particularly fair, especially when you know some of the stuff that was said to him. We will support him through it.”
“He’s going in to World Rugby to say I am sorry and I will take whatever comes my way."