Carey agrees new Connacht deal

Date published: December 13 2017

Connacht have announced that prop Conor Carey has extended his contract with the province.

Since arriving at the Sportsground from Nottingham in 2016, the 26-year-old has made 25 appearances for the Irish side.

The English-born tighthead has previously been capped by Ireland at U18, U19 and U20 levels, making four appearances in the 2011 Junior World Championship.

Head coach Kieran Keane said: “I am delighted that Conor has extended his contract with us. He has been a big powerful player for us so far this season and he is an important part of our squad.

“He is one of many ambitious young players in our squad and it is great to see him committing to Connacht.”

Carey said: “I returned to Ireland and signed for Connacht in 2016 and since then I feel I have settled in well to the squad.

“This is an excellent place to improve and develop, and be a better all-round player under the guidance of an excellent coaching staff. I want to continue to make regular appearances here and to contribute to the success of Connacht in the future.”

 


COMMENTS