Altrad confirms Ledesma departure

Date published: November 19 2014

Mohed-Altrad-Montpellier-president_3230856

Montpellier president Mohed Altrad has confirmed that forwards coach Mario Ledesma has resigned following the club’s recent struggles.

Montpellier president Mohed Altrad has confirmed that forwards coach Mario Ledesma has resigned following the club’s recent struggles.

News of the former Argentina hooker’s departure surfaced on Monday, and Altrad has since confirmed the news, claiming it was entirely Ledesma’s decision.

Montpellier have lost four straight games, including a humbling home defeat to Brive last time out, and Altrad wants his players to take responsibility, as Ledesma has done, to get the club back on track.

“As I had announced, I’ve had meetings and interviews with different people over the last week,” he said in a statement.

“This process began following the succession of poor performances both in terms of results and the quality of play produced. But it also comes after a meeting with the players, the coaching staff and myself following the fiasco of the defeat against Brive.

“A few dysfunctions were identified and are in the process of being resolved.

“In this context, and before, forwards coach Mario Ledesma had told me he had decide to resign with immediate effect. This strong, courageous decision clearly shows Mario’s ability to accept responsibility.

“As I said, I didn’t want anyone to leave, especially someone of the quality of Mario. But I respect his decision, which feels like a sort of ‘sacrifice’ to me to get the guys to react and ask some questions in order to reach the goals that we’d laid out.

“I’m now asking everyone to take responsibility, as Mario has done, to resolve this situation and get the club back to where it needs to be in terms of both performances and results. I’ll take my responsibility.”

COMMENTS